Hezbollah fired ballistic missiles at Israel

 




The bone-chilling sound of air raid sirens wailing in the morning sky startles me to wakefulness. For a few minute, I freeze, afraid as my heart races in my chest.This can't be real, not again. The brief time of peace we've had these past few weeks, the break from always worrying about danger - it's over. https://a.co/d/48Hr17z


I throw off the blankets and hurry to find my family. My kids are crying hysterically, squeezed together under their beds. I scoop them into my arms as we sprint for the bomb shelter. All around us, others are running too, with fear and panic on their faces.


We huddle together, helplessly listening as the incoming missile grows louder. I pray under my breath, begging God to spare us. Then - boom! The earth shakes, and a deafening blast rattles the tiny shelter. I clutch my kids closer, tears streaming down my face.The Iron Dome saved the day, but the dread still remains, reminding us of the fragility of our safety. It was later revealed that the missile was targeted at Mossad headquarters. https://amzn.to/4ewJXmPThe audacity takes my breath away. Hezbollah is challenging us, daring us to respond. Retaliation for the strikes in Lebanon, they say - as if that makes it okay to threaten the lives of innocent families like mine. 

https://a.co/d/77NrMSD

All across Israel and Lebanon, there are others mourning lost loved ones, carrying scars from this endless conflict. When will the violence end? How many more must die before both sides find humanity and choose peace? As night falls and I hold my children tight, I can't help but wonder - what horrors will tomorrow bring?

Post a Comment

0 Comments