laughing is medicine

 This is the story of those days when, in the days of ignorance and teenage fever, I got mad at getting autographs of famous people.  And my criteria were only fame and infamy.  My autograph book was a stable in which famous poets, writers, cricketers, film actors, thinkers, theologians, clowns and journalists were all tied together.  Along with Prince Ali Khan and Hollywood actress Eva Gardner, Maulana Maududi was also in the limelight.  During this frenzy of getting autographs, I signed my autograph in front of Agha Shooresh Kashmiri outside the 'Chitan' office.  I remember very well that he flipped over my autograph sheet to see who were there and there was the signature of Governor Nawab Mushtaq Ahmad Gormani, so he wrote his autograph on the back of the sheet and said, "We  riding on people's backs''



 Mustansar Hussain Tarr

 (copy)

Post a Comment

0 Comments